fliers vs. post-it-notes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wrestlingcoach, Nov 3, 2004.

1. wrestlingcoach

wrestlingcoach LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking of getting post-it-notes 4x6 inch that are printed as fliers.
    because they could stick to the window without any problems, unlike fliers are hard to put in the door and door knob hangers don't fit just perfect.

good idea or not??

Attached Files:

2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't go listing your prices on it. Something more along the lines of listing what you do, call us for a free quote. Or leave a space that you can write in the price when you leave it.

3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure what you mean by small back gate on your pricing. It appears you only have a 44" mower then how do you get it through a 36" gate? Do you have any other services you do that you can list?

Prices to me are okay since it will weed out more people that would not be willing to pay your prices. You could add "licensed and insured" to make it look more like a legitimate business.

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Kinda confusing as you have Inside Lot and Corner Lot with no Sq Ft sizes listed and "Other Size" listed at like 12-17K ft. If I were a customer on an Inside or Corner 20K Sq Ft lot I hold you to the cheaper price since you have no footage listed. See what i am getting at?

5. wrestlingcoach

wrestlingcoach LawnSite Senior Member

would this flier would be better than the first

Attached Files:

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

WC, I like that one much better.

7. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

All I see on the 2nd one is a tree when I open it with Notepad.

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Yep. Much better. :drinkup: You will get more business that way. It sounds much more professional if you don't list prices. Get them out there asap. And reap the benefits.

9. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

just need a comma after trimming. Looks good. I used this method before. It made no difference in results. Some widows, door they would not stick to for some reason. Maybe type of material or a coating of some type. Other ones they stuck just fine.
    Good luck!

10. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Second one is definately better than the first. If it were me, I would say clean up rather than the blowing part. To me it just sounds more professional.

By the way, where are you having these done? It's a great idea. Is there a web site?