1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by stoli, Jan 27, 2003.

1. stoli

stoli LawnSite Member
    from georgia

Does anyone put prices on fliers that are put out at residential
    customers? I'm wondering if this would be a good idea.
  2. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I put my free estimate to mow,trim,blow off driveway on my flier.I have put my foot in my mouth,when i couldn't see ALL their back yard.;)
  3. stoli

stoli LawnSite Member
    from georgia

this happened to me once. the guy lived in a small neighborhood with a yard about half an acre, but what i couldn't see was his 5 acres behind his house. needless to say we had to renegoiate.thanks for the info.
  4. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

I would not recommend doing so cause i find the same as what was said you can put your foot in your mouth. Plus I think that if you go to give a FREE estimate you can find out just a little of what the person is like. You might be able to tell if this person is going to be pickey or not. Cause all of you know that we would like to charge more for the ones that are a headache. (You know for the asprin) lol
  5. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

No...dont forget, an important part of our marketing is the connection we make with people....price is one factor...but meeting them and showing how professional and capable you are is sometimes more important than price...I have a pretty good "closing" ratio...and I'd like to think its because of how I handle the first face to face ...I'm often not the low bidder...

instead of price, mention something like "We provide the highest VALUE of any company in the area"...most people who want maint. service understand what value means
  6. stoli

stoli LawnSite Member
    from georgia

this sounds like the best way to go.many thanks
  7. KirbyKLC

KirbyKLC LawnSite Member

If you put a price on your flyer, generally the people that are going to call are the ones described above. They know that the price is a HUGE bargain for the lot that they have.

Go for the customer that is looking more for quality than price!!