Flight Control Rate

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Grandview, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Does Flight Control work as well at a half gallon/acre as at a gallon/acre. The label says half gallon can be used. I talked to the company and they are highly recommending a full gallon/acre. That ups the cost considerably. Has anybody experimented with rates. Also does reducing spray volume to 10, 20, or 30 gals/acre reduce effectiveness. The company rep also said not to spray with dew on the grass. Anybody have expereince with that?

2. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I have used the product with very good results at full rate. If you go half rate and it fails, thats money down the drain, i wouldn't do it! If you apply with dew on the grass the product becomes diluted on contact, wait until the grass is dry!

3. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Every time I attempted the half gallon rate I was disappointed. I would suggest staying at the one gallon or maybe as low as 3/4 gallon rate and price accordingly. I found best results spraying at 15 gallons per acre. The small droplet size with higher concentration would make it further down the leaf surface making it take a little longer before all of the product was mowed off.

David