Flight Control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Grandview, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I sprayed some Flight Control at a local resort. It is the first time I have used it and gotten some feed back. It appears to be working well. I sprayed it three weeks ago and the geese are still staying away. Cutting has been minimal since it is dry. Any others out there have experience with Flight Control.

2. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Flight control works well, we have applied it to athletic fields south of boston on several occasions, they don't like the invoice, they do like the results!

3. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

flight control works well. just remember you will need repeat applications. in really bad areas, the chemical worked for a 3 - 4 week period. in lesser geese populations 5 or so weeks for control.

4. TOMMY1115

TOMMY1115 LawnSite Member

Remember... timing is critical on Flight Control applications!!!

If your 1st spray is right after they roost your control might not be that good.

5. Shadygrove

Shadygrove LawnSite Member

You are also getting into the Molting season for the honkers. Which means they cannot not fly. Ideal application is during the winter months (no snow present) for localized geese. Also i would add a growth regulator if spraying during the active growing season. Flight Control is only reduce by mechanical break down. weather really plays no effect on the longevity.