1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

flink spreader control panel

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by philt, Nov 21, 2000.

1. philt

philt LawnSite Member
    from NH

I just picked up a used flink spreader and was wondering if there is an aftermarket control panel as I want to set this up asap. Thanks
  2. Alan

Alan Member

Is that an undertailgate spreader that uses the control console mounted in the cab and driven hydraulically? If it is there are several places that have the control console at a decent price.
  3. philt

philt LawnSite Member
    from NH

It is a v-box with an 11 hp electric start Honda engine centrifugal clutch. I contacted the only Flink dealer in the state and was quoted $254. This seem steep for a piece of sheet metal to locate the ignition switch, throttle and run indicator light.

4. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

We have made our own before, not much in material but a a lot of time. So what is more valuable to you? Time of money?
    Depending on the answer will determine what will work better for you.
  5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Saw this ad today- "88-89 CHEVY & FORD PARTS, 88-89 Chevy pickup back glass, $50; Holley 4 barrel 600 carb, new, $100; 88 Ford pickup back glass, $25; Lund visor for 89 E350, $50; Flink sander controls, $25; anti theft wheel locks, $10. (203) 426-8790 . Newtown CT"

Hope this helps.
  6. philt

philt LawnSite Member
    from NH

to: thelawnguy

Thanks- I contacted the add and he is shipping it tomorrow. That price is more in line with what I had in mind.
    The snow is stacking up as I type.