Flip up Flex-Deck on WB?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Flex-Deck, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I have recieved a lot of notes from LCO's on this forum as to putting the flip-up flex-deck on a WB and have been requested to place a thread as to how many of you people out there would like an 18" extention that folds up 90 degrees to get thru gates, then drop it and be mowing (32" + 18 = 50") (or 36" + 18"=54") or 48 + 18=66). They want some voluteers that live close enough to Mediapolis in SE. Iowa to contact me and lets go mount a few test decks. - I will discuss terms if you would private message me on this forum or email me on my profile. Thanks, Brad
    PS. If you are nervous in any way, see my web page on our sponsor forum and call some of the people on the testimonial page. We also show tractor style trimming moves.

2. Flex-Deck

JLC just indicated by message he is going to want one on a 54" Hustler this winter - Any others close enough to Mediapolis, IA. (SE IA.) willing and wanting a very fine upgrade on a WB and able to bring their mower to me for a week, let me know. We can then demo directly to the makers of these WB's to get someone on board. I would invite any manufacturers to entertain the idea of sending a unit or two for a proto deal. Thanks, Brad

3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Im totally confused by why someone would put an additional piece of equipment off the side of their already functional machine. [​IMG] :confused: [​IMG]

If you have a 36 and need a 52/54 then buy another machine. I was under the impression that your gizmo style gadetry was $1500 and thats damn near half what the machine would run anyhow. Same thing goes for a 60 upgrade from a 48.

I guess its just me. :rolleyes:

4. casey

casey Guest

Kris,
    I agree with you except for application on a 36 or 32 for gates.

5. kutnkru

If the gate is a true 36" opening I can jockey a 48 thru it just the same as flipping an $1500 gizmo with my foot or whatever you find appropriate at the time. :rolleyes:

If the property is that large in the back then the sensible thing to do is to add a larger gate to the property so that you can fit a piece of equipment back there appropriate for the size of the lawn to be serviced. ;)

Kris

6. Flex-Deck

kutenkru - you do have to realize that this flexes up and down and allows contour mowing - also allows you to take a 60" deck and push it between 26" apart bushes and other objects and do other trimming moves. most wide decks get scalping tough on unlevel terrain.-and yes the WB idea people have been inundating me with is to flip-up - go thru gate - flip down - (I would like to know the brand you can squirrel a 48 thru a 36 gate.

7. Flex-Deck

kutnkru-Sorry about adding the e in the first reply - If you mow 20 back gated yards and it costs $100/ yard to add a wider gate-How much would that be? In Iowa it is $2000.

8. kutnkru

I should have clarified previously this is true -It has to be a fixed deck for the cage set-up will not work.

Just place the side of the deck thru the gate and pull it back firmly against the fence with the wheels tight to the post. Then we just let the machine pivot in place and the other end slides right thru (barely brushing).

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Working a larger mower in a small gate doesn't work very good around here. Many lawns in subdivisions are very tight together and there isn't room to get the mower sideways.

I'm interested in the flex deck for my 36" exmark metro.

10. kutnkru

So your product slides right onto the frame and is easily removed from the machines when your customers arent cutting a gated property. Similar to adding/removing a deck plate???

I just dont see what difference it makes if you have an off centered pivoting point because it will still scalp under the center of the original deck - no???

I guess you could say that Im just a biased skeptic to your machine because Im just a country boy up here in the roaming hills of NY. :(

Kris