Flipped My Exmark! (pic)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mr Lawns, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Mr Lawns

Mr Lawns LawnSite Member

check it out! flipped one of my exmarks.. no one was hurt. just had to bend it back out~

click on the picure to enlarge

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

cant get to the pic...

3. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

That sucks, did you have the rops on/up??? Glad no one was hurt

4. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

call the fire dept. this one's out of control!!!!!! Good to see no one was hurt. I thought my job was dangerous but i guess not!

5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

So I guess that gives you easier access to the blades then simply jacking up the front end? Whatever floats ur boat :laugh:

6. pdenney11

pdenney11 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm glad no one was hurt. The hill doesnt look big enough to roll a mower. Must be a little bigger then it looks, or if not I will think twice about ztr'ing a few of the hills I have again.

7. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i can see it now:)

8. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

...Holy S!@#

9. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Wow, glad no one was injured from the angle of the mower it looks like it does have the ROP. That ditch does not look steep on either sides, I have found myself on much steeper inclines and not flipped, that will be in my head now the next time i'm mowing an incline. Need some pictures of it flipped back, over right side up & then staring it up & driving off that would be excellent testement to Exmark's quality

10. Mr Lawns

Mr Lawns LawnSite Member

I took the ROPS off of all of our mowers. you can't get under trees with ROPS. How it happened was;

I was mowing the ditch sideways. As i went to drive out of it still going sideways, the tires started to slide. it slid down and hit the bottom of the ditch at just the right angle with enough momentum to flip it on over. i tried to stop it with my arms, but i couldn't so i jumped and cleared it barely. i've been on a whole lot steeper hills and never had a problem. it was just the way it slid and hit the crease at the bottom of the ditch.

i flipped it over with another mower and a tow strap. Oil had leaked all through the air filter and the cylinders. i took the filter and spark plugs out, waited, topped the oil off, put the plugs back and started it up. I had to bend the deck lift handle and the steering levers back straight. other than that. the mower is still in service today!

this happened a year ago. just got around to posting it!