Lawn Care Forum banner

Flipped My Exmark! (pic)

9K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  DBL 
#1 ·
check it out! flipped one of my exmarks.. no one was hurt. just had to bend it back out~

click on the picure to enlarge

See less See more
#27 ·
I took the ROPS off of all of our mowers. you can't get under trees with ROPS.

Do you have employees ? if so be careful removing safty equip. (ROPS). OSHA would have a field day.
Not trying to lecture, I took mine off for same reason. I nearly gave myself a concussion when they caught a branch, it wacked me in the face, I jerked my head back straight into them, & they were down to. That was the final straw it seemed the nearly caused more accidents catching stuff even while down in 1 year, than I had ever had in my 10 yrs on a ZTR. If I hire employees again though they will be back on.

G
#28 ·
......i tried to stop it with my arms, but i couldn't so i jumped and cleared it barely.
Glad you weren't hurt. You were lucky that you were able to jump clear when the control levers would have been a hindrance for getting off. Curious, were you able to find neutral quickly to spread the levers apart or did you slip out without them spread apart?

JV

#29 ·
#31 ·
Glad you weren't hurt. You were lucky that you were able to jump clear when the control levers would have been a hindrance for getting off. Curious, were you able to find neutral quickly to spread the levers apart or did you slip out without them spread apart?

JV
Jim,

Regardless of the answer you get... all ZTR controls should be break-away type (open anywhere) or between the legs like Great Dane.

I call the other type "trapsticks".

G
#32 ·
Jim,

Regardless of the answer you get... all ZTR controls should be break-away type (open anywhere) or between the legs like Great Dane.

I call the other type "trapsticks".
I think doing a breakaway control system would be saying to not use the seatbelt and roll bar, promoting "trying" to jump off, which may result to something worse, like getting squashed by the mower or roll bar.

Between the leg controls force you to put your hands only towards the middle, and people seem to like to have their hands spread apart, more straight out in front of the armrests.

The answer is, get a Stander, problems solved.

JV

#34 ·
Wow! I cant really understand what happened though.
Which slope were you mowing? The left looks mowed but the machine looks rolled from the right.
No way I would take a machine onto that ditch, with all that rock at the bottom. Also, the grass/weed on the right slope looks to spindly to take a machine on. That much visible dirt would mean loss of traction IMO.
Could you just explain a little more how it happened?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.