Lawn Care Forum banner

Flipped My Exmark! (pic)

9K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  DBL 
#1 ·
check it out! flipped one of my exmarks.. no one was hurt. just had to bend it back out~

click on the picure to enlarge

See less See more
#3 ·
That sucks, did you have the rops on/up??? Glad no one was hurt

#9 ·
Wow, glad no one was injured from the angle of the mower it looks like it does have the ROP. That ditch does not look steep on either sides, I have found myself on much steeper inclines and not flipped, that will be in my head now the next time i'm mowing an incline. Need some pictures of it flipped back, over right side up & then staring it up & driving off that would be excellent testement to Exmark's quality

#10 ·
I took the ROPS off of all of our mowers. you can't get under trees with ROPS. How it happened was;

I was mowing the ditch sideways. As i went to drive out of it still going sideways, the tires started to slide. it slid down and hit the bottom of the ditch at just the right angle with enough momentum to flip it on over. i tried to stop it with my arms, but i couldn't so i jumped and cleared it barely. i've been on a whole lot steeper hills and never had a problem. it was just the way it slid and hit the crease at the bottom of the ditch.

i flipped it over with another mower and a tow strap. Oil had leaked all through the air filter and the cylinders. i took the filter and spark plugs out, waited, topped the oil off, put the plugs back and started it up. I had to bend the deck lift handle and the steering levers back straight. other than that. the mower is still in service today!

this happened a year ago. just got around to posting it!

#13 · (Edited)
Holy crap. I still haven't gotten brave enough to mow inclines with my gravely yet.

#15 ·
how do you mow with gravely????????:nono::nono:
I get on it and fire it up squeeze the controls and off I go! :laugh:
Your question doesn't make sense to me.

#17 · (Edited)
I hate typos lol

#20 ·
you must have edited my post, you smarta$$
I did :laugh::rolleyes::laugh:
But hey it really does save on fuel. I've been running almost a week and a half on the same tank of gas on that machine.

#26 ·
that must have sucked!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.