flo pro

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by RhettMan, Mar 30, 2013.

1. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

will ez flo fit flo pro?

2. S.O.Contracting

S.O.Contracting LawnSite Member

No. Replace the flo pro junk.

3. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I've bought flo-pro diaphrams and solenoids at Ewing.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You can purchase the repair parts and install them, but the system will still suck, and be a source of callbacks.

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

The solenoid and diaphragm replacements are expensive, but we just charge accordingly when we use them. I'd prefer to replace them, but sometimes it is better for us to repair - time, cramped area for the valves, want off the customer's property ASAP.

6. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I've had pretty good success with replacing parts on these. 9 out of 10 work Ok after new parts installed. But whatever works for you.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You can show up and replace one diaphragm, but the rest of the valves are in play. I have yet to hear from anyone who replaces all the Flo-Pro diaphragms at once. I always yanked 'em in favor or 2400's

8. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Iv had a flo -pro diaphram replacement fart out in less than 14 days

I hate most when the valve is under a trees main root mass and the jar top has had the solenoid snapped off within the lid, leaving the threads.

I learned a hard lesson once with this, when the customer requested i be able to fix it without cutting roots, i said yes before verifying.

funny how i cant remember what i ate for breakfast yesterday, yet how certain I am that I will never. forget that.