float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Aug 20, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i was mowing a lawn today, and there was a tight area, with overgrown junipers, and a small section of turf. no biggie, i'll squeeze thru, and let the junipers scratch up my arm and neck, no biggie. so, i'm going thru, and "ouch, ouch, damn, those are some pointy junipers......." i got stung about 5 times before i realized they werent the junipers pinching me, i was being swarmed by bees. i got stung about 10-15 times all on my back, right through my shirt. my lightning fast reflexes allowed me to avoid any further damage, and i got away , and looked back at about 30 bees hovering over the juniper bush. i dusted my self off, sent chico over to finish with the wacker, and off we went. my question is, can i sue the homeowner for this? i feel i have suffered mental trauma, and emotional damage, not to mention pain and suffering. oh, and my neck, i think i got whiplash as i lunged to escape the attack. can i sue?

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

That has happened to me before, sucks big time. I don't know if you can sue or not though, i wouldn't think so though, not sure.

3. southlin

southlin LawnSite Member

I hate people who sue for stupid stuff. You think they put the bees there on purpose to sting you. Come on man!

How would you feel if the cable man sued you if he got stung by bees in your yard.

4. bobbygedd

from NJ

i'd feel like i was finally getting some use out of my homeowners insurence. stupid stuff? ha! i am tramatized

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Why??????????????? Thats like trying to sue someone for an "act of God" or something. Comes with the territory.

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Thats why i said i didn't think so but, no big deal.

7. southlin

southlin LawnSite Member

then your insurances goes up, smart move
    ;)

8. bobbygedd

from NJ

not my insurence

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

BooBy

It might be hard for you to see from the back seat of the bus, But. You are a Licensed pesticide operator, I don't think Bitterman would have a good case.

10. bobbygedd

from NJ

licensed in turf management, not killer wasps. i'm suing. beats the hell out of working