Floating vs. Fixed (Need help quick)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Advanced_Landscaping, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Advanced_Landscaping

Advanced_Landscaping LawnSite Member

Im picking up some lawns that are going to require a 36" walker. I already have 2 52" exmark turf tracers with the floating decks, but I don't know if I should get the 32" in a floating or fixed deck? Any help will be appreceiated!!

Thanks

Advanced

2. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

32" is on available in fixed deck. The 36" is available in fixed or floating. I perfer floating deck. Also the 36" will use the same blades as your 52".

3. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I would go float

4. Advanced_Landscaping

Advanced_Landscaping LawnSite Member

that 2 in 32 is really a 6, sorry. the dealership that i get my equipment from said with a 36, the deck is too small to get any kind of benefit out of the floating deck. Can i ask why you guys would go with a floating deck? thank you again

Advanced

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I would go floating and then you are covered no matter what, the best of both worlds

6. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

i think there's much less chance of scalping with a 32" deck than a 60" deck. for a mower that small and that you won't be using that much, i would get the cheaper fixed deck, and even the gear drive.

if you are planning on getting a 36" mower through a 36" gate, i can tell you now, it ain't gonna happen.

7. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

The height of cut is much more easily adjusted on the floating deck than on the fixed deck. You will be able to get the same height of cut with the floating 36" as you do with your 52".