Floods

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Jun 8, 2008.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Who here has been affected by the extreme excessive rain and floods over the past few weeks (or months)?

How has it affected your mowing schedule?

For the second year in a row now, here in So. MN, we are thoroughly flooded out again. Will take many days of sun to dry out from this one. Mowing this week will be very touch and go - but with the grass growing at the rate it currently is, going to have to suck it up and go through some wet grass and puddles.

This is getting very old....however with all the tornadoes, hail, etc going around, I am blessed and thankful we haven't been hit by any of that stuff like some have.

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Cmon...I don't believe everyone is high and dry this season...far from it....

3. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

2.7 to 7.7 inches of water yesterday in SE Wisconsin.

Raining really hard this am, probably another two inches today.

Lunch break right now and then back out for more cleanup.

4. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

hey steve wanna go swimming got a big pool in my back yard lol

5. Ronniecoleman

Ronniecoleman LawnSite Member

Last year we had rain almost everyday in summer, this year looks like the total opposite. Some of my low end homes have stop mowing until we get rainfall.

6. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

Several of our lawns had standing water in them. Depending on the location of the puddle of water we may go thru it or around it. Had to mow the back yard of one with a puch mower earlier this week as it was too soggy for the rider. Even the push mower left some tracks. Doesn't look to dry out this week. I had 1.5 in the rain gauge yesterday morning and another 2 inches this morning.
    Our road wasn't flooded at 5 AM, but was at 9:30 AM. Haven't been out the other direction to see if it is flooded as well.

7. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

well over 12" of rain this week with an estimated 5 more inches. Plus Severe weather on top of that. As of now KS is the #1 state in the US for most tornadoes this year. I gotta love it.

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Aren't you guys always #1 in twisters? Or is that OK?
    Not a thing you want to be #1 in.

Had a KS like twister outbreak here in SE MN yesterday. Spent most the afternoon in the basement. I swear, this year, if you see a dark cloud on the horizon it will shoot out a twister guaranteed. Unbelievable.....
    Not to mention all the water and hail....

9. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

Usually TX is #1 becuase it is so BIG. So far this year I've had a couple of days were i was mowing some of my accnts. and the sirens went off due to severe weather rolling in. The new law here is that when ever a Severe T-storm warning is issued they will sound the sirens. But were used to that here anyway.

10. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Due to humidity were constintly getting hit with ''BAD'' storms causing torrential rains, high winds, gusts of 80 MPH trees falling, flash floods i'm building an ARK...