Florida Bi-weekly mows

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by djsmokin, Apr 5, 2003.

1. djsmokin

djsmokin LawnSite Member

How many of you guys are getting requests for bi-weekly mows? Almost every bid I go out on is a bi-weekly. They won't consider anything else.

To be honest, most of the lawns I have bid really only need bi-weekly service. Best lawn I cut is lawn next door to me and the lady died and her kids told me bi-weekly or not at all and it is watered everyday and has not been too tall yet on bi-weekly.

Give me some feed back guys. Thanks

2. GREEN DRAGON LM

GREEN DRAGON LM LawnSite Member

All my cuts are on contract. 38 cuts a year. In 3 weeks I start weekly cuts if it needs it or not. Tampa, FL

3. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

im down to 1 biweekly wich I raise the price when it starts growing fast. I only take on year round work now

4. djsmokin

djsmokin LawnSite Member

Guess it just takes time to get the good accounts? Right now all I seem to get called on is bi-weekly crappy lawns. More weeds than grass and so many trees grass has to fight for sunshine.

5. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

No. Everything I cut is weekly utill the last week in Oct. Then bi-weekly. Then some every three weeks. I get paid the same every month. Usually I don't start every week until the last week of April but this year for the first time had to start the last week of March. That sucked! Try to give them a choice and sell them on the weekly.

6. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey djsmokin, Before you know it the grass will need weekly cuts. At first you'll get the crappy lawns, then one at a time the good will come. Just do good work and the people will see and find you, hang in there...

Lou :cool:

7. djsmokin

djsmokin LawnSite Member

Thanks Lou and the rest of you guys. Dj

8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey Guys,

What are the primary lawn types in the Tampa area and their growth seasons? Might be moving there due to a job the wife is taking.

I'd love to set up 40 weekly mows a year, a big improvement over the shorter and more uneven growth of grass here in Atlanta.

9. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey DJ,

Hows things going in your neck of the woods ?? Hopefully things are picking up for you.. We just started to get a little rain. Been really dry. I have my hands full, I left myself a schedule so I can do one timers here and there for exposure later on. Doing a Big clean-up job starting this week, and already got some future prospects.. I finally took a ride last Sunday, Went to Daytona, boy it felt good. Hopefully in time you'll get your hands on another scoot.. Again, hope things are going good for ya,,

Lou :cool:

10. Ready to Mow

Ready to Mow LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what I'm shooting for too is bi weekly in the winter. It will just take time to get the good customers. Unfortunately for some reason I always seem to get the cheap skate customers.