Florida contract help needed

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by gilatplc, Aug 30, 2006.

1. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I am working on writing a lawn maintenance contract for business and this is the first time doing this and would like some help from some local LCO.
    Here’s what I need, In Florida with changing weather conditions everyday and Bahia grass growing with the changing weather (I don't have allot of St Augustian customers and none with irrigation systems)
    So when in the contract should the mowing season start so I don't have 30 offer grow accounts after November??
    Thanks for help Gil

2. gilatplc

from FL

bump,, please help,, in waiting

3. gilatplc

from FL

OK here's what I have so far,
    In the contract it states mowing season starts, may1 thew October 31, is this correct or should I do April 1 thew October 31,

Any suggestions???
    Thanks Gil

4. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

I just moved from the Orlando area about 7 months ago.

We mowed Weekly from April to November, every other week Dec. through March.

However, in Dec. and Jan I wish I would have changed it to one time because the grass just goes dormant bigtime these two months. Especially the Bahia!

In the summer months it's plain hard to keep up with Bahia!

As for the rain, I wouldn't mow if it was or had been raining hard, too many tire ruts and grass turds. Put a clause in it that they will be moved to the next available day to avoid damage to their lawn. Floridians (for the most part) will understand the rain issue. Atleast that was my experience.

Oh, as you will probably hear from someone, it would be best to have a Liar...er Lawyer write up a contract for you.

Good luck!

5. gilatplc

from FL

Thanks for replying
    Gil