1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

florida double hurricane?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by odin, Aug 11, 2004.

1. I was just readi ng yahoo news ...you guys might for the first time since 1906 get hit with double hurricanes.

Single or double good luck hope none of you or your familiy members get hurt.

2. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I was listening to the worktunes tonight while mowing.. Heard Flordia is under a state of emergency already..

Best of luck to you guys:)

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Bonnie is not supposed to be that strong. Charley is the big one. I have been here since 95 and have not seen anything wo worry about. They always miss our area, but are saying it will be hitting. I will beleive it when I see it.

4. KCON1

KCON1 LawnSite Member

well good luck down there in Florida. Cause I've seen my share of these things in the last 28 years. If ones coming it always seems to find its way here to cape fear region of NC. ODD isn't it

5. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have family in Oviedo, just outside of Orlando, hope everything turns out o.k. God willing............

6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Ruh Roh.... Florida and floridans?? will be in my prayers tonight.

7. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Not to make light of a serious situation but as I heard the news all day I could not help thinking that the "Name givers" should have picked Clyde as the "C" storm.

Good luck riding it out and prayers are going out.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Good luck to everybody in their path. Here in Maryland we just went through Hurricane Isabel. Izzy surged our tides in excess of 9 feet above normal. We lost a lot of waterfront homes due to it.

Now they say that we will get a double whammy in that both storms are currently forecast to go right over us. The first storm will bring in excess of 4 inches of rain on Friday. The second storm will show up Saturday night and no doubt lead to massive inland flooding.

BTW, I am preparing for these storms. In addition to all of my regular accounts yesterday I also did my biggest account. It is normally done on Thursday. Now all I have to do is my smaller Thursday's and Friday's accounts today (Thursday). We'll see how it goes.

9. birdmann

birdmann LawnSite Member
    from fla

Fortunately these 2 storms are babies , as far as tropical storms go anyway ..I haved lived in S.Fla since 79 ...Andrew was a REAL good one , That storm kicked the heck out of us down here ....

Thank for the prayers everyone ...

On a brighter note ..THere will be a little $ to be made cleaning
    up all the knocked over trees ...

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Charlie

I know your planing a visit friday morning to my house. Please try and by pass me this time around. Your sister Donna came to visit back in 1961 and I still remember her well.