Florida exam

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by boonehockey, Oct 1, 2010.

1. boonehockey

boonehockey LawnSite Member

Has anyone in florida took the limited commercial pesticide test. I just want to know, if you have to study the whole maunaul or just parts of it.

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Boone

Question back to you is, Do you want to just pass, or do you really want to know the subject?????

Passing the Limited test is so easy you should hang your head in shame if you fail it. About 5 years ago I was a CEU Provider and taught the then 8 hour class required to take the test. The class is now only 6 hours so you can take the class and have 2 hours do take a 10 minute test in a normal 8 hour day.

My suggestion is to study your Butt off so you can ask intelligent question of the Provider(instructor) giving the class. It can mean the difference of making a lot of money or losing a lot of customers from messing up.

Yep the Choice is yours. You can be like a 30 year in the business fool or a sharp beginner

3. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

rics correct the test is open book after a six hour class, I guarantee my 12 year old could pass the test. Ask questions and learn as much as you can, youll be a better applicator for it. Remember the limited lis. is NOT a round up lis. thats what people who are not very ambitious use it for, you can spray in landscapes all pesticides that have a caution label which include herbicides insecticides, fungicides, growth regulators, pre-emergents, etc.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

fl-landscapes

the 6 hour class is actually spoon feeding the 50 multiply guess questions. Unlike the Commercial CPO exam the quesions have ONE obvious correct answer and 3 off the wall answers. I am afraid to say the limited ornamental License is more of a Tax stamp that also require the individual to carry insurance.

Just this morning I was reading a Inside Pest Control Site that said Florida has Hired 19 New Ag Inspectors. They didn't say over what period of time and we have had a new inspector in my area for about 3 or 4 months now. Like all new brooms he is sweeping clean. In fact I am waiting on the Oct quarterly report of disciplinary actions by the Dept to confirm humors of very large Fines on other companies. History shows that after a year or two the Ag Inspector get bogged down with paper work and are not as aggressive on chasing illegal applicators. But Right now they are hot trot. Add in the fact the State is going broke and Fines are our new Taxes.

Any one who doesn't get a Limited License is a 1st class fool IMHO.

5. WOW

WOW LawnSite Member

How would one go about getting a limited license in NW Florida?

6. WOW

WOW LawnSite Member

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

WOW

It is actually pretty simple to get a Limited License. The Big expense is get the required insurance. Someone told me it runs around $400 a year for a limited License.

CONTACT your local County Extension Service. Get on their E mail list as well as the surround Counties E mail List. The County Extension service will hold several Classes during the year and give the Test right after the Class. all of the answers to the test will be given in the 6 hour class. Listen closely because the Instructor will say This is important which means it is a question on the test.

Don't go to Bob Kessler Blow Hard or anyone who is a Private Provider. They Charge way too much and only Blow Smoke. Wait for a County near you to give the class. I am on the Extension E mail list and Between the 5 counties around me, There will be Limited license classes each month this winter.

8. WOW

WOW LawnSite Member

Thanks Ric. Found a class in my town on the 29th for $30.00.

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

WOW

Good Luck and stay on those E mail lists because they will make you money. The Extension service has many training seminars during the year. That Training will allow you to use your Limited License to it's fullest Potential.

10. Eric E

Eric E LawnSite Member

Would you please elaborate?