Florida house with 4 feet tall grass?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by contourbs, Aug 22, 2004.

1. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

i have a rental property that the grass is 4 feet tall with liitle trees now growing in the yard. what do i use to cut this yard. it already has a code violation on the house

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I did one like this the other day for a real estate mang firm that I do a lot of work for. I discharged and went over the property many time. I then tried to collect, but kept clogging the discharge chute. I just mulched the best I could and billed him my time. I could of then raked it to make it look a little better, but he wants to spend the least amout possible since it is just a rental.

3. contourbs

but what about the weeds that are thick like 1 inch in diameter. i dont want to ruin the ztr on a rental property.also whats the going rate. the property is in florida, 1/4 acre with 4 feet of grass. id say it will take 2 hours to do. what would you charge?

4. dljon

dljon LawnSite Member

What is the hourly rate you must have to make a profit? Travel time included? Charge by the hour. If after doing, you didn't make rate/charge more next time.

5. IMPACT

IMPACT LawnSite Member

Wait for a hurricane to take care of it for you.Just kidding..:D
    go to your local rental store and rent a Billy Goat Outback brush cutter. It will cut it and lay it over and not make a big mess afterwards, then clean it up , and then cut it with the Z after you check for obstacles, etc..Can't say about pricing differences from WV to Florida, but I wouldn't touch it for less than 300.00+

6. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

If in fact.... it is four feet high, I would pass on it. There is no way he will pay what it is worth.

7. contourbs

the hurricane didnt touch it, its in cape coral and looks just like the woods next door. anyone now the price on renting

8. contourbs

its already in code vialation, so if its not cut the city will charge 400 dollars to do so.

9. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

[Originally posted by contourbs
    its already in code vialation, so if its not cut the city will charge 400 dollars to do so.

Then let him save 50.00 and pay you 350.00 or just walk.

10. contourbs

might have to just tell them that. i mean it looks bad.