Florida, in 1 month you can't apply fert's, solutions please

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by ICT Bill, Apr 30, 2009.

1. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

It is a water quality issue, June 1 to Sept 30 is officially the "rainy or monsoon season" they get some real gulley washers

If you have just fertilized, a lot of it will end up in the canal, lake or bay. It is an attempt to control harry homeowner. Ag and sports turf are exempt. They are actually close to the end of their growing season. And you guys are just starting up in ID as the snow melts

Over the years there have been some real nightmare stories on fish kill, red tides and polluted municiipal water sources

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

So everyone suffers. Sounds like too much government to me.

3. FOL

FOL LawnSite Member

Way to much Goverment!!!!:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Tree is correct, amend the soil prior and you should be in there clear for a couple months.

I am ok with the ban, three years ago when we had all those canes, surf was pumping out in the gulf. Unfortunately the water quality became so bad, it literally was burning your eyes:cry::cry:, so if this ban helps with that. Well so be it.

4. FOL

FOL LawnSite Member

let me rephrase, if it helps the water quality issue. I am ok with it.

5. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

If I was in FL, I would move:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: (I hate humidity) but seriously, I would use One-Ap. One-Ap is designed to feed for 6+ months.

6. FOL

FOL LawnSite Member

IF YOU CANT TAKE THE HEAT GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN. "Florida". :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

7. cgaengineer

And you have to go farther north then GA to get away from it!

8. FOL

FOL LawnSite Member

Anyone that visits down here, if the humidity is bothering you and you feel like your body aint ticking correct. You lack HYDRATION. Drink lots of water "if we dont run out" and you will be ok.

9. cgaengineer

I am not "ok" with any government regulation. How about instead of a ban we educate people on proper use of fertilizers and herbicides. This would be left up to the retailer who chooses to sell product. You want ferts and herbs then pass the free test and buy all you want. Consider it a dumbed down version of the applicators license. This would also keep retailers from pushing products that people do not need. I am for self regulation...we cant go on without rules, but we can self govern.

10. cgaengineer

I used to live there...GA aint much better if not worse.