Florida Lawn care solo pro's please?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by molivares, Mar 4, 2003.

1. molivares

molivares LawnSite Member

I'd like to know from the florida solo pro's what there customer base is like and an estimate of what they earn per year ?.

I'm doing some research and could use the info thank you.

2. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Old Cheap asses!

3. molivares

I'm just starting out in the business and researching for my business plan. I don't need an exact number just something to work with. It seems a lot of people are doing this part time and I can’t get the yearly income figures right for my BP. Any help would be appreciated.

4. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

You didn't really think those old farts retired down there with their nest eggs to just give it away now did ya:D

5. Firefighter Dave

Firefighter Dave LawnSite Member

My parents retired to a very nice modular home park. They pay 20 bucks a month for lawn care... <grin> they are also on an honor system, they drop an envelope in the LCO's truck window. I thaught you might get a kick out of that.

Dave

:blob2: :blob2:

6. LANDGUARD

LANDGUARD LawnSite Member

molivares

Unless you are in some richy rich neighborhoods, you can expect small residential yards 25 feet from the road, same for the backyards, with 6 feet on each side of the house. There are about seven LCO's that you will pass on the way between accounts. This makes the lawns prices cheap with all the competition (60-100 monthly). The average single operator doing residentials will do about 45 accounts a week. Lots of growth so come on down.

P.S. The retired folks are not too bad as long as they are not one of those retirement communities.

7. molivares

LANDGUARD:

Thank you very much. What would be concidered a rich area. I'm looking into the Disney Area. I checked the Yellow pages and there where over 100 lawn care business in the county. So I'm trying to get an Idea and profit margins and your info is very helpful please keep it coming Thank you. Any info would help me greatly.

8. molivares

One question for LANDGUARD if a lawn care provider is doing 45 accounts a week and your charging 60-100 monthly. I'm assuming he would have to cut weekly then thats 2700 - 4500 monthly that doesn't seem like a good living.

9. LANDGUARD

LANDGUARD LawnSite Member

Thats why I don't do residentials.

10. djsmokin

djsmokin LawnSite Member

Head to Fort Lauderdale, Miami for the really big bucks and the 12 month growing season.