1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Florida Lawn Guys.. Do you always mow Bi-weekly offseason

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by privatelawn, Nov 20, 2007.

1. privatelawn

privatelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Last winter was my first year and already cant remember how I did the mowings. I know pretty much everyone says they cut biweekly until April but I can already see grass isnt growing much at all, if it was upto me I would only mow every 3 weeks or once per month as im not cutting much off and its only NOV. I remember last year I would pretty much edge and blow alot of yards and that was it to keep them looking good and also to show I was there. If I skip a lawn that doesnt need cutting then it would be 2 more weeks before im there again so a entire month without doing anything and maybe the customers would get pissssd.
  2. CuttingEdge LLC

CuttingEdge LLC LawnSite Member

I only cut the lawns that are irrigated and have a fert program every 2 weeks. The others I will clean up every three weeks or as needed until spring.
  3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

No one mowes every week around here. They wont get mad about anything, there are alot we only do once a month this time of year, just the way it is.
  4. EMJ

EMJ LawnSite Member

My contract say as needed. I show up if it needs mowing I cut it if not I wait until the next schedual service (two weeks). I always check over the septic system if they have one. The grass always grows over them things. As for the customer getting mad I just explain to the it is better for their grass the less I run it over during the slow dormit season.
  5. TimTim2008

TimTim2008 LawnSite Bronze Member

wished, i lived in FL
  6. jahbp

jahbp LawnSite Member

I cut weekly May through October I cut 2 times in November 1 time December through February 2 times March and April It has been ok like that last 12 years.
  7. privatelawn

privatelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Ok thanks everyone
  8. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

Right now I'm almost down to once a month just to keep the leaves and pine straw mulched up.
  9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

as needed till spring.
  10. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Dang I have a few N junkies that I am still mowing weekly. Most at this point are every othe week or so. Be December will be mowing only the winter rye properties till late Feb or so. By April am back to full speed