Florida Lawn spraying license, Can I get one?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn guy, Jan 21, 2006.

1. lawn guy

lawn guy LawnSite Member

Florida has some strict laws about lawn spraying.
    You have to work for a licensed company for 3 years or
    Get a 2 year Horticult degree and work for a licensed company for 1 year
    Problem is that I have a lawn business to run, Am I supposed to take 3 years off? Anyone have a suggestion on how to deal with this.

2. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont worry about it.

Focus on the Lawn Service side of the business. There is a reason most guys in this area do one or the other. As I am sure you are aware, customers go through lawn spraying compaines faster than the lawn service guys. If you offer both services and someone cancels you, then you have lost out on spraying and mowing!!!

ANother hint, unless you have a friend in the spraying biz, dont "network" with anyone to send you referrals. Cause for the most part, you wont get any....

Plus, you dont want to work around all those chemicals anyway....

3. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

talk to mike at endapest we went to bcc together he is fully licensed maybe he can help

4. lawn guy

lawn guy LawnSite Member

My fear is that many commercial and residential customers are looking towards a more complete service. I have seen alot of large companies lately that are offering complete lawn care. It almost seems that this is the way to go to seperate myself from everyone else. Am I wrong? tell me if im trying to get into something that isnt worth getting into.

5. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Trust me dude, in this area if you dont offer spraying you are not going to lose ANY business. People pretty much accept the fact that you do one or the other.

If your focus is just Lawn Maint, then so be it. You will stay plenty busy just offering that.