1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Florida LCO for sale on ebay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shearbolt, Feb 22, 2005.

1. shearbolt

shearbolt LawnSite Member

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Are you looking to buy this and asking for suggestions? At first I thought you were selling it, but I see your from Iowa, and the ebay listing is in Flordia.
  3. shearbolt

shearbolt LawnSite Member

Just posting for interest sake. My apologies.
  4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Mark is not trying to be annoying. at least I assume he isn't he just sounds that way.

And that guy must be smoking crack. $250K for a business doing less than $250K and is run out of a mini-storage lot.

Purchase price of equipment $50K value of equipment at best $35K
    Accounts value 1/2 of (audited) cash flow and that is probably being very generous.
    My guess is top bid is less than $75K
  5. Mycannon

Mycannon LawnSite Member

Well It depends how long these contracts are good for and what type of equipment and how much. Anything not under contract I wouldn't pay more than 1 month income for.
  6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

We cut year round down here .... monthly billing same each n every month of the year

Contracts are a must in Commercial work ....but fore the most part on the resis a "proposal" is perfect .... I mean really how much is a contract worth on a resi .... if they don't like your work they just let you go .... what you gonna say .... "we'll we have a contract" ... as a homeowner I'd tell the LCO to pack sand if they did not perform as originally agreed upon

But like I said we go month in month out with same pay .... we don't have that "down" time in the winter

If I just sign a "contract" for a yard @$100 per month is that more valuable as opposed to a yard I've been cutting the last 60 months in a row without a contract ??

As far as this business goes .... the price seems kinda on the high side .... only been doing is 6 years .... the equip is trivial to me but with $+18K in monthly billing that's a good start .... I'd say if he gets in the $125-150K that's good .... but who knows ... it's only worth what someone is willing to pay
  7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I agree with you as far as the residential goes if the customer is not happy contract or no contract you are gone.Do you find the market down there on the higher or lower side of things with a lot of retires people moving there?

Check out your website looks nice...Seems like you got a good business going.
  8. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

FL does have a lot of "snow birds" & retired people ... we have NO state income tax ...which is nice fore those on fixed incomes ... warm weather ....no snow ...but we have storms ..... n yes some people are cheap but I cut grass In VA for years late seventies mid eighties n had the same .... it's a perspective thing ... when you first start you take any n all ... as one grows you learn to say no to bi weekly .... no to those without irrigations or pest service .... no to those whom say push mow only & bag ..... no to those with small back gates n lots of dogs

BUT I will say in the last 4-5 years the property here has blasted n those with more $$ are pushing many out .... my little 3/2 Bed-Bath-Gargage on 1/4 lot was $53K in 1991 .... homes on my street now are +$160K .... homes on canal water 2 years ago were $265K are now +$450K ...my mom & dads place on the River was $200K in 1984 is almost 7 figures today

So I've seen a big change in customers wanted to up grade .... throw new sod .... get an irrigation system in ..... have a pool guy n a yard guy
  9. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I couldn't agree more. there are plenty of dirt lots that people want you to mow for $10 per cut. But there are just as many people who will pay good money to not have to get dirty and do their own lawn work. Just takes some time to find them.
  10. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

No problem bro. No need to apoligize. I was just wondering what you were asking us. And I see what your asking... And It might be worth looking into, but IMO, its not. Again just my oppinion.