Florida LCO's Insurance Advice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Scapegoat, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

I'm getting close to having to renew my commercial liability insurance for another year and need some opinions.

I currently have insurance thru an independent agent here in town that uses NAUTILUS/TAPCO UNDERWRITERS. They gave me the best rate I could find when I originally got insurance.

I carry $300,000 and it cost me $768.00 for the year.

This does not include equipment which is a separate policy that is a minimum $10,000 coverage (nothing less, but no itemizing) for another $500 premium and $500 deductable per occurance.

I've heard people getting better rates for up to $1 mil. Any help guys? Thanks.
  2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Insurance premiums are based on total gross sales per year. Therefore it is hard to compare insurance unless you post your sales volume per year.

But I have just priced Pesticide insurance for part time work and doing it at a very low sales volume. My quotes have been higher than yours. May be I need to check out your Insurance guy.
  3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have state farm. I always thought they were high, but they were the cheapest the last time I looked.
  4. mikekinney

mikekinney LawnSite Member

State Farm our they part of Farm Family? I am paying 1700 hunderd for my Contractors policy for covreage of 500,000 with gross sale of 25000 last year! My insurance has gone up 947 dollars the last two years, have never file accident claim in 17 years in business, Have some concerns where the insurance companys are getting away increase like this. Any body else having problems with their Insurance companys?

5. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

I have State Farm auto insurance on my truck and went to them first, but they quoted me something like $1,200 a year for the commercial liability.

Think maybe I'll just stick with what I have. It's really not that much. I just thought maybe if I could save another buck or two.
  6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Last time I checked with State Farm they were not writing Pesticide Insurance. I have all my Trucks with them and no one can beat their price. I have been with them since my first car at age 16 and have had very few claims over the years.

KLBCCTALLY1 LawnSite Member

Sup guys. I live in Tallahassee, FL and I have $300K in liability with first year gross estimated at $20K and my premium for the year is $400-. I go with Affiliated in Tallahassee. Not sure if they will cover you there or not. Good luck.