1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Florida LCO's that are still working

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by The Ripper, Dec 18, 2005.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper LawnSite Member

I am so surprised that there are not more members from Florida on this site. There are probably ten thousand guys mowing just in Centrsl Florida alone. Well unlike everyone else in the country we are still mowing here and going strong. Anbody else in the same boat?
  2. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Nope, not mowing. Just finished up a leaf removal a couple hours ago and have enough work to keep me going through most of January. I would much rather be snow plowing, but can't complain too much since I'm still making money.
  3. Rich's LS

Rich's LS LawnSite Member

Still cutting here... We are on a everyother week though....
  4. Cut-Rite2

Cut-Rite2 LawnSite Member

It's a little colder here in Lake County. I guess that's why none of my lawns have needed cutting in a month.
  5. miacharger

miacharger LawnSite Member

In south florida we can go for months without rain, so unless they irrigate there's no grass to cut. There's still a lot of hurricane repair and cleanup to do though. Of course I am in Hendry county which isn't exactly central florida.
  6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I have been wondering the same thing.

You would expect this site to be mostly composed of guys from Florida, seeing every other guy down here has a lawn company.

I have this week off, but I shure bust my butt last week.
  7. A Leaf Above

A Leaf Above LawnSite Member

Stiill cutting here but on a 10-14 day schedule depending on property..Landscaping is usually the ticket this time of year , at least for
    me it is .. As for the hurricane cleanup , there is still alot of it .
  8. Landscape25

Landscape25 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Hey Leaf I am in Palm Beach County. I am so slow it isn't funny, but I am only in my second year.
  9. A Leaf Above

A Leaf Above LawnSite Member

Only your second year ..Dont worry . One day out of know where you pick up 3 customers , the 2 more the next day , then 3 more week after ..IT WILL GET BETTER !!! Get on your customers to get trimming done or what ever the property needs .....
  10. Landscape25

Landscape25 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I don't mow lawns so I guess that makes it harder. I do design, installation, and bed maintenance. You are saying there is light at the end of this tunnel?