Florida LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by grassmedics, Jul 11, 2007.

1. grassmedics

grassmedics LawnSite Member

i was wondering if there were any in the central Florida area that needed help or thinking of selling some lawns. I'm just starting out and only have 4 lawns, but trying to get more. any help would be much appreciated.
  2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

I thought the Networking forum would a better place for your discussion and may get you more attention...so I moved it here for you
  3. The Ripper

The Ripper LawnSite Member

You do not need to buy accounts in Central Florida. Just use your money to flyer the neighborhoods that you want to work in. Then in a month or two hit the same neighborhoods up again. If you stay in business around here and always show up when you are supposed to then you will get more business. You should try the Oviedo area. There are a lot of nice new homes off 434 that you should be able to get.
  4. acm8705

acm8705 LawnSite Member

I agree. It's unneccessary to buy lawns in Central Florida. Hit up the new developments.
  5. grassmedics

grassmedics LawnSite Member

ok, thanks for the info
  6. ABeautifulCutAboveInc.

ABeautifulCutAboveInc. LawnSite Member

The guys are right, there is work everywhere here in central Fl. You will have to spend some money to make some. Advertising, door hangers etc. Flyers, flyers, and more flyers. Then your best advertisment is word of mouth by far!
  7. Turf Professionals Inc.

Turf Professionals Inc. LawnSite Member

We cant mow all the grass! There is plenty out there for you :laugh:

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

Buying accounts is one of the many ways to increase your customer base in a rapid way. How ever you must make sure of the terms under which you will acquire these accounts. The buying out of companies is a long standing tradition in business , major business that get tired of competing against each other will usually start the buy out process, or a company that no longer wants to stay in business. Will make it known that the are in if fact ready to sell out.

You will find that in this business cash is king too keep you moving forward. I have started marketing in my own neighborhood more aggressive, sending mailers directed too the home owner from the tax records, even if they use some at this time . The materials that i send have my company logo on the letter head , business card and a printed flyer's. All of this goes to home owner directly.
  9. Sbalentine

Sbalentine LawnSite Member

i didnt know you were aloud to go door to door