1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Florida Mowers...................

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lwallace, Oct 31, 2005.

1. lwallace

lwallace LawnSite Member

I'm looking for some advice from a one-man operation.
    1) What are your hours: start to finish.
    2) How many lawns do you do in a day and what is the total that you have?
    3) What is the average pay on your lawns?
    4) How do you deal with gates for the back yard and what size mower do you use for the back.
    5) Do you advertise and how.
    6) Do you do contract, and is there a standard form.
    7) How do you do your taxes.
    And any other information that you might know that would benefit me.
  2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

hrs=9am-2pm i do averge 4 or 5 per day average pay is 30$ per yard .i use a 32 in toro and it goes tru every gate except 1 use a 21 there. dont avertise. (never needed to) i dont use contracts. (a one person outfit shouldnt need to). taxes are too complicated for me -i use a good cpa. my total # of accounts is around 40 . best advice -get snappers for winter work.no raking!
  3. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

#1... hours start at 8 am mow till done with that days account #2 ... mow 25 one day one and 15 on day two (40) total. #3...not enough #4...I run a 60" & 48" mowers...if your mower don't fit don't bid on the yard #5... just the lettering on the trailer #6...I use contracts custom for my mowing needs #7...Yes use a good CPA will save you money in the long run. #8... Great work will bring more work...cheap work will bring heartaches.
  4. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

1. 8:30-finished 2. 12-17 3. most around here charge $150 a month and up for the whole year and raise the price for cost of living next year 4. 36inch stander 5. monthly mailers 6. no contract for me (8years never needed it) 7. cpa *. Keep your prices reasonable