Florida Mowing??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wayne Landscaping, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

What is th elawn maintenance like in florida? I want to move there and was wondering if you guys cut lawns on a weekley basis and is it trually year round or what? Thanks

2. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know about everywhere, but where I am, it varies from season to season.

3. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I'm figuring 42 cuts/yr.... It's a fat # for non-irrigated and a close # for irrigated yards.

If your'e coming down... better bring your "A" game.

4. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Go to www.cutinedge.com and click on the FAQ page and you will see my chart for mowing. This is an average. We only got about .o2 inches of rain in March. Starts the season slow and will skew the #'s slightly. Good Luck!!!

5. lawnguy001

lawnguy001 LawnSite Member

In N. Fl. , Depends on the weather. Average season runs from Mar. thru Nov. depending on the 1st winter cold front. Christmas cleanups in Dec. This year , dry as a bone. Has really slowed down spring growth. If you do come to Fl., prepare for LOT'S of competition. More lco's than convenience stores.

6. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I know you are proud of your equipment..... but take that mower out of your yard picture! It's a big,orange eye magnet that keeps drawing away from what you're selling.

Other than that; it's a smooth little site

My $.02

7. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

It is pretty much year round. Actual Lawn Maint usually runs from Mar-Late Oct for me. Currently I only have 3 customers that are actually on weekly service, most wont go weekly til end of APril.

Most yards are priced for 40 cuts per year, but only actually receive around 36. 90% of customers pay monthly so there is still plenty of cash rolling in the off-season, which from Nov-Mar I do NOTHING becuase it takes that long to recover from the summer. I must warn you: July-Sep is no joke in FL. The heat/humidity are nothing to mess with. Skip someone down here one week during those months, and your done. Loyality is few and far between, so it is better to be over booked for that person that is either too picky or too cheap.

I say come on down, even with a LCO on every corner, there is plenty of work.

(it hasn't rained in 37 days and I doubled my revenue for March for this year compared to last year, It is going to be one sick year for business this year. Wait til it does rain, forget about it. The phone will be ringing off the hook. Come summer time, if you just show up for an estimate the job is yours.)

8. CutInEdge Lawn Care

Dont you just love June-Nov when you get out to mow and get back in truck and notice you have 15-30 missed calls between each job

9. CutInEdge Lawn Care

Thank you for your opinion. However, I get many calls (probably just as you do that they state " My lawn guy hasnt shown up for two weeks because his MTD or Murray or whatever is broken or there truck is broken.
    Do you have reliable equipment? The list goes on and on. Proud of my equipment, YOU bet, it pays the BILLS.

I would love to critueqe your website, unfortunetly I dont see one listed! I created my site with all of my own programming. I have a BS in Computer Science. YOU???? Oh one other thing I am not a Fire Fighter. (No bashing intended)

10. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I mow year round down here.

Yeah I'm still at every other week right now because of the drought.

There is tons of work down here.

Florida is growing like Cali these days.