Florida Palm Trees

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Ground Effects Landscape, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Kel Klip

Kel Klip LawnSite Member
    from fl

I like the silver Bismark. The Washys look good but are very messy. I also like any date palm if the a kept up . Date palms are a pain to trim, seems like anytime you get poked by them the pain last for days. Royal palms are awesome also,just don't thrive in my area.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

Im in Tampa also. This is all the palms you could come up with after 3 pages?
    I had a huge variety in my yard until this years freeze.
    I did come up with a proven method to keep even the tallest of cold sensitive palms alive during palm killing temperatures.
    THere is even a 14' triple Foxtail in North Tampa in Tampa Palms that made it through 13 nights of 26 degrees. Why because I told my customer how to take care of it. He loved it so much that we put another 16' single in his back yard.

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Found this thread, cool thread, get to look at trees that I don't see around these parts.
    Shall I start a maple or ash thread for northerners??

4. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

At least maples and ash are actually trees......palms are not trees at all.....they are more like grass