Florida paver prices

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by fool32696, Feb 7, 2008.

1. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

I just talked to a guy in Orlando that had a beautiful paver driveway and said the company removed his concrete driveway and then installed the pavers on a 6" base for a total of $7.50 per foot. I couldn't believe it. He said it was a large company, Orlando Brick Pavers maybe? Is this normal pricing or are they pretty cheap for the area?
  2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I am surpised the company was able to get 7.50 a sq ft. From what i hear, any more then 6 you are having trouble signing work!
  3. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

A buddy of mine got out of softscapes and does hardscapes now.
    He charges $4.50 a foot and .75 for taking out cement it there is rebar he charges additional $1.00 a foot.
    He does alot of my work for me and I make 2.00 a foot.

Down here he we dont have all the freezes like they do up north and plus all of the pavers are made here in town.

I know in Orlando there are a few paver manufactures.

They guys that did my pool deck only charged 3.50 a foot but they were all spanish and I refuse to learn another language.

These prices are for all materials included also.
    This is why you dont see the northern guys flocking to Florida for hardscapes.
  4. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

The techo pavers i use sell for 3.90 a sq ft.
  5. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

untumbled garbage brick is what they usually install for those prices.

We can get really aggressive on some projects and we are still 10 a square we are around 7 a square in materials for tumbled pavers and we are really strict on the ICPI specs.
  6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Look up any sunscaper thread and you'll understand why florida is cheap.
  7. monty33

monty33 LawnSite Member

I guess I will pick a bone. Since I have been wasting my time on lawn site.com, I have noticed that, overall, I have been entertained by most of you. However, thank God, EP Henry exists mainly on the East coast and I do not have to be concerned with the temptation of installing that crap in every backyard I come across. God bless all of you, but capitol F, EP Henry. In my neck of the woods, Marpa.com(boulder,co) displays our approach. With that said, I do like this site and the good people on it.
  8. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

That was refreshing. Thank you. I honestly needed that.
  9. Sunscaper

Sunscaper LawnSite Senior Member

That price sounds a little above average actually. Most guys here go from $3.50 to $5.50. Concrete removal is around $.50-$1 per s.f. That is for a standard paver without tumbing. Like I said before competition is fierce here. On the East Coast near Miami its even worse. With that being said I used to install in PA and materials and labor are alot less expensive here also. It's all relative.
  10. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

well that website looks awesome when you are dealing high end. Its great, and i totally agree about overkilling pavers everywhere. But they do have their place, I'd like to see some pics of your work as opposed to another landscapers site though.(If thats your company you should be very proud). I also think out west you have a lot more variety and access to natural stone than you do here, we have like 3 flagstone varieties near me. you are dead on about spending too much time on the web, can't wait till spring.