1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Florida People

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by HometownLawn, Aug 26, 2005.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Connecticut!!!!! where the cheapest people learn to be cheap!!!!!!!

2. Rich's LS

Rich's LS LawnSite Member

I'm getting started in Celebration. Going at if full time in a week; been part time for a month. It's hard to find reliable labor........
  3. Joe721

Joe721 LawnSite Member
    from florida

Whats your questions?
  4. HometownLawn

HometownLawn LawnSite Member

I knew there had to be a lot of florida people in the woodwork around here.

Ok, I'm checking out the industry, really looking to see if I want to get into lawn care. I see a LOT of lawn care companies around, especially in the palm harbor area, and i personally think that in the next couple years, pasco is probably going to explode with growth..and thats not too far from me.

Anyway, for the pinellas county people (and florida people in general) i have a few questions.

1. In pinellas county, are there any special licenses needed for lawn care?

2. How long have you been doing this? All b.s.ing aside, do you make decent money at it? I've owned businesses before, anyone telling me they are making millions right out of the box is lying unless they are slinging drugs.

3. Are there any problems that you have run into as far as type of equipment used.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

LIL YARD BOY LawnSite Member

:cool2: I am in Clermont Florida Hooker Lawn Care
  6. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

Hooker Lawn Care.Ive heard of you guys.I heard you do some kicka$$ work.Im so slamed right now i think i might hire a sub or get two more guys.
  7. jaemax

jaemax LawnSite Member

Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte/North Port and Boca Grande where the richest tightasses live man.....
  8. dnnhandyman

dnnhandyman LawnSite Member

Sarasota, here.
  9. pnplawncare

pnplawncare LawnSite Member

Polk County Here!
  10. lawn guy

lawn guy LawnSite Member

I'm in Port Richey Where the cheapest people die and are to dumb to fall over