Florida Pesticide Applicator License Sponsor Needed

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by floridalawnman, Jan 11, 2007.

1. floridalawnman

floridalawnman LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Anyone licensed in Florida with Full Commercial Applicator License like to make a percentage of my business for a year? I need someone to apply for my ID# card to establish timeline of one year and take distance learning classes in order to meet requirements of state, then take exam. I can not hire other employees with license yet, only doing lawn care part time for 20 clients, whom have asked if I can do some lawn pest control for them.
    I have contacted my Local Region 14 Larry L. Mitchell Bureau of Entomology and Pest Control Inspector - mitchel@doacs.state.fl.us (239) 278-7200 he confirmed that I will have to find a lincensed business in Florida that I can bill my work through which will give me a Florida application ID to establish timeline of one year of work, or hire someone who has a Florida license (not really prepared to do this yet), and take college credits in order to get licensed.

Thanks
    Fred

2. floridalawnman

from Florida

Also, wanted to assure everyone I intend to follow the NOFA requirements in order to be certified after attending their Organic Land Care Program classes.
    Thanks
    Fred

Check out:

http://www.organiclandcare.net/

Thanks
    Fred

3. Otownlost

Otownlost LawnSite Member

Floridalawnman, this is what I found when looking into leaasing out my certification.
    The 2006 Florida Statutes

Title XXXII
    REGULATION OF PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS Chapter 482
    PEST CONTROL View Entire Chapter

482.121 Misuse of certificate.--

(1) A certified operator may not allow her or his certificate to be used by a licensee to secure or keep a license unless:

(a) She or he is in charge of the pest control activities of the licensee in the category or categories covered by her or his certificate;

(b) She or he is a full-time employee of the licensee; and

(c) Her or his primary occupation is with the licensee.

(2) A licensee may not use the certificate of any certified operator to secure or keep a license unless the holder of the certificate is in charge of the pest control activities in the category or categories of the licensee covered by the certificate.

(3) If a certificate is used in violation of this section, the department may revoke the license of the pest control business or the certified operator's certificate, or both such license and certificate.

History.--s. 1, ch. 59-454; s. 1, ch. 65-295; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; s. 7, ch. 78-292; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 14, 15, ch. 82-229; s. 8, ch. 89-180; ss. 35, 59, ch. 92-203; s. 430, ch. 97-103.

Copyright © 1995-2006 The Florida Legislature • Privacy Statement • Contact Us

4. floridalawnman

from Florida

Thanks for your reply ....

I could never be a full time employee of the organization sponsoring me, which is what I clearly explained to the District representative, we must have miscommunicated.

I will have to speak with him again and make myself clear to him and I will make sure to bring this statute into the conversation.

Looks like possibly working with someone and hoping to avoid signing a non-compete agreement is the only way to start on your own?

I have a sponsor/consultant to work with who offers consulting services using all Organic methods and intend to use his products and practices but he is not in Florida.

Thanks!

5. mowerparts

mowerparts LawnSite Member

You will have to sub that work out.
    To get your license you have to work full time for 3 years with a cert. company.
    You can get a limited spray cert. so you can spray roundup and such stuff for the shrubs.

6. mowerparts

mowerparts LawnSite Member

You will have to sub that work out.
    To get your license you have to work full time for 3 years with a cert. company.
    You can get a limited spray cert. so you can spray roundup and such stuff for the shrubs.

7. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in the same boat. It seems to me that the states have overlooked this scenario. What company is going to hire the owner of a nother company to work for them just so he can turn around and compete with them. I think the states need to offer classes for people in this situation. I was thinking about contacting some local mom-n-pop spray companies and offer them a percentage and do the work at no charge to them. I'm going to get certified one way or the other. It only makes sense to me that they would at least want to make a buck in the process and a no-compete agreement wouldn't hurt either. Spray guys, what are your thoughts on this?

8. Mattcurry

Mattcurry LawnSite Member

Well in my opinion this is a touchy situation but sometimes you can find poeple willing to rent out their liscence for a precentage, most poeple i know that do it charge no less then $1000 per month.

Good luck.