Florida Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Landscape Poet, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

By the way FL Landscapes - got three topdressing jobs lined up, the new place is going to work out pretty good as far as I can see. The biggest issue so far as we discussed is the storage of the compost.

2. One of my nicest yards...fertilized turf/palms/ornamentals last week
    9-0-20 on turf
    8-2-12 UF Palm blend.

As you can see a lot of the ornamentals are recovering from the cold. Should look much better in the next month or so.
    [​IMG]

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

What are the bare plants under the tree on the right Diamond? Look like spicy jatropha to me. Turf looks good, especially for here, we still have brow in between here and there. I would say the queens can be trimmed safely now.

4. Those are caricature plants(graptophyllum pictum). They are very uncommonly used but are a very unique plant. They dropped all leaves during the freezes but survived from good prep.

The pic doesn't show how good the turf looks and this isn't even it's best. When we start getting rain this turf is the best on this whole street.

Queen Palms don't get cold damage so they can be trimmed whenever. The homeowner said no more extras though, just maintenance:nono::dizzy::cry:

5. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Hope those distribution lines aren't running right over those palms.

6. Not sure I understand this??

Do you mean the power lines?? If so, no, they aren't even close to the Queens.

7. unkownfl

Yes power lines. That's great at least someone understands trees grow up.

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Distribution lines take power from the main down to the homes.

9. unkownfl

distribution is substation to your meter box. It includes everything on a 40ft class 5 to your 2/o service cable to your meter box.

10. The only power line issues around here are the geniuses who plant oaks and royals in municipal areas and then have the city come and hack them up. Palms actually suffer from powerline decline.
    Posted via Mobile Device