Florida Res. or Comm?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ABeautifulCutAboveInc., Jul 10, 2006.

1. ABeautifulCutAboveInc.

ABeautifulCutAboveInc. LawnSite Member

Hello, I've just started my own lawn business. It's been a few years since I've done this work, but I'm already right back into the swing of things. I have a few residential accounts already. I'm going to stick to res. before I go into comm. I have to find and figure out my exact operating costs down to the cent before I break off these kind of accounts. I feel it could lead to a world of problems if I didn't know this. What do you think? Any opioions or comments? Please feel free to post your comments. Any professional advice would be appriciated. Thank you.

2. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Very good thinking knowing operating cost is 1 of single most important things for SUCESSFULL biz. Sounds like your off to good start. welcome to lawnsite.

3. ABeautifulCutAboveInc.

Thanks Martinfan06 for the peply. I went surfing on the net and found this sight and signed up. This site is going to help me a lot with my business. Professional advice from the expierenced is what I need.

4. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

You can make great money doing residentials. Commercials do bring in the big checks but remember grass is grass. Also everyone wants the commercial accounts, which leads to the cut throat and lowballers. Who i cant stand. I would build a large custer base on residentials 1st and then go for a few commercials . GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES!

5. ABeautifulCutAboveInc.

Thanks for the post. Your right about that, I'm going to stick to that. Later on down the line I might consider comm. I'm comfortable with res. and I have to know my numbers before I break off large projects and contracts.