Florida timing of postcards

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by getdown, Dec 6, 2013.

1. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

Heck send the wife or girlfriend/friends out to put flyers at door. Just don't do the stone in a baggie idea and throw flyer at end of drive way.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. getdown

getdown LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Yeah I agree the stone and baggie is definitely not the image I'm going for...
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I have about 3,000 post cards left that I plan on mailing the week after Super Bowl. This is a Second Mailing to a target area very near my home.

The Post office seems to do a good job for me. Because of Empty houses, there are left over post cards. The postman delivers these to his next route. I know that for a fact because I get calls from those extra deliveries.

Personally passing Fliers has the advantage of possible face to face selling opportunity. While we all knock TG/CL, They a great marketing company and use door to door salesman who pass fliers and knock on doors.

4. getdown

from Florida

True. I always notice the large corporate competition tends to make up what they may lack in quality and cs with a strong focus on marketing to replace the customers they may lose along the way. I try to emulate them a lot as far as marketing...definitely notice that large corporations really value marketing...also helps that their budgets are probably so big.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

I only dropped my flyers to houses that had nice lawns. Those crappy Bahia lawns I would skip or houses that did not look well kept I would pass on.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. getdown

from Florida

Yeah, nobody wants to represent an ugly lawn.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I will take a ugly lawn all day long. All I ask is that the owner pays me for my time appropriately. Maybe one day I will be able to turn away the business like you guys and only go after pristine lawns but the rules of economics state I must take these properties as well. :walking:

8. TheBetterDoorhanger

TheBetterDoorhanger Sponsor

Hey Getdown...
    This is Glenda at Adeas Printing. Most of our lawn businesses order their postcards with our Stick-It feature as early as late January, then in February & March. We serve many different businesses across the US, so because of "Mother Nature's" effect on Lawn care Businesses, this is not set in stone! We can print 5,000 postcards for as little as 28 cents a piece (and that includes postage!) Check us out at http://www.adeasprinting.com/post-cards
    Feel free to contact or live chat with me anytime...
    Glenda - 866-778-4254 ext 212 glenda@adeasprinting.com

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

My total cost for 6 X 12 post cards mailed is 22.5 cent. My local printer charges 6 cent a piece to print both sides of a post card on card stock. Add in the USPS 16.5 cent to make 22.5 cent cost per card delivered.

10. getdown

from Florida

Wow yea that's a deal I would jump on especially for the 6X12!
    Posted via Mobile Device