Florida: When you cutting back to bi-weekly.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bmarotta, Oct 3, 2008.

1. bmarotta

bmarotta LawnSite Member

The off-season is coming soon. When is everyone cutting their mowing frequency down from weekly to bi-weekly.
  2. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Nov 1. but if it's get cooler in October and the grass slows down i will start the Bi-weekly cutting sooned.
  3. Sym

Sym LawnSite Member

Nov.1 here too.... I have already started to skip a few or just the back yards because they are bahia and just aren't growin. ...... can't wait for bi-weekly....coastin til April 1:clapping:
  4. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Ya! I skipped a few today also, because they were not growing..
  5. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

i skip 5 this week and most likely skip 10 or 12 next week. hard to believe how slow its growing. Nov everybody goes biweekly but i always work the first week of Nov so i can have Thanksgiving week off.
  6. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

there was two that i skipped this week here. we had a good steady rain on tuesday, so everything perked back up, but nov 1 will be my switch to bi-weekly also. i do have a few i still do weekly due to irrigation. could use the break!
  7. djchiodo3

djchiodo3 LawnSite Senior Member

I mow every week October. Then the first three weeks of November. Take week of Thanksgiving off. Mow first and third week of December and come back the first Monday of January. This has been my schedule for many years. Clients are used to it. During the weeks I'm not mowing I spend the days doing trees and mulch.
  8. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not on bi-weekly yet, but I feel it coming. Probably around November 1st as well. I skipped a yard last week, but my others are still growing in.
  9. amor4421

amor4421 LawnSite Member

I also start on nov. 1st. I skipped 4 or 5 this week. I can't wait until it slows down a little
  10. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

im a little north of yall, and i too am starting to skip lawns and go to biweekly.