Florida

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by BearWise Landscapers, Mar 26, 2010.

?

Where are you located in Florida?

1. North Florida

22.2%
  2. Central Florida

55.6%
  3. South Florida

22.2%
  1. BearWise Landscapers

BearWise Landscapers LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I have some good news for those of you that have workers compensation insurance. The state of Florida has issued new rates that will be effective on July 1st, 2010.

The workers comp rates have been reduced from the ones that were released in January of this year, which were already lower than the last year's rates. It has been a trend since 2003, when legislative reforms were made to the system in Florida.

Here is a press release with the new workers comp rates.

Here is another LawnSite thread about the Florida rates.

I hope all of you are having a good summer. Let me know if any of you have questions about workers compensation or any other type of insruance for your business.

2. chris6439

chris6439 LawnSite Member

Hello everyone, Odom's Lawn Service checking in from St.Pete, FL. This is my second year in the business and I love it! Quick question.. are gator blades the best for st. augustine?

3. BearWise Landscapers

BearWise Landscapers LawnSite Senior Member

Chris, Welcome to the website.

Everyone, I have been working on a map that will be used throughout our website in a tour of Florida landscaping businesses. When finished, the map will mark all of the major landscape maintenance businesses throughout Florida. I want to include a marker on it for everyone here on LawnSite as well. Take a look at it here:

Map of Florida Landscaping Businesses

Please send me a private message with your address information to be added to it. I would also like to put links in there to everyone's website.

I have been working on other posts on our website that will go up listing the landscaping and lawn care businesses in every major city throughout the state. I'll post those when I have them ready.

Let me know what you think about this...

Thanks

4. Gator Landscaping

Gator Landscaping LawnSite Member

How is business going for everybody this summer?

BearWise, Thanks for all the great information. I can't figure out that map though.

5. suavematt

suavematt LawnSite Member

With a name like that, Gator Landscaping, you belong up here in "Title-Town" with the rest of the Gators :usflag: haha....

Business is good. Bills always paid, wife always happy & business/personal savings always growing :cool2:

God is good brother.

Later!

~ :cool: Suave'

6. Propowerwash

Propowerwash LawnSite Senior Member

7. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Just checking in! Everyone good? Been busy as H$LL for me. Just got home from yet another chinch bug damaged sod tear out. I have a love hate relationship going with chinch bugs - they tear up a large amount of lawns - but they make me a lot of money!

8. greenpoint

greenpoint LawnSite Member

Any east coast (cocoa/daytona) guys know of a good wholesale tree farm/nursery? I'm in need of some 6ft cabbage/sabal palms for a project we're doing in cocoa. I'm having trouble finding them that small...

9. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Trying to locate a QUALIFIED Water Feature contractor in the Miami-Dade area for a Natural Swimming Pool project. PM me.

10. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Try Dee Oaks Nursery Inc., 863-494-3444. They broker material all over the state, might be able to help.