Florida

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by BearWise Landscapers, Mar 26, 2010.

?

Where are you located in Florida?

1. North Florida

22.2%
  2. Central Florida

55.6%
  3. South Florida

22.2%
  1. CkLandscapingOrlando

CkLandscapingOrlando LawnSite Senior Member

No your 9a. But real world experiance would say your 9b. North of claracona gets much colder in the last few years. Could be a cycle but I dont know. As far as micro climates I got some tropicals growing 30min south of Ga in Lakecity. Hibiscus being the most tender. But I take a hit here with my travlers palms due to north winds

2. BearWise Landscapers

BearWise Landscapers LawnSite Senior Member

It has just been two weeks and we already have 28 members in the Florida LawnSite Group. The largest group right now has 30 members, so with 3 more people, we will pass them up. If you know of other people on here from Florida, tell them to join.

I'm up for meeting all of you in person sometime. We could do it at some conference or Chuck, you could just set a time and a place and we can see who can make it.

Thanks

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Just a thought here : But I like CK's idea of us all getting together. There is a lot of things we could discuss.

One thing I would think all of us could benefit from is if we created our own little coop in Central FL. If we worked as a group - our cost on many of the items that we use everyday could go down due to our size and negotiating power. Everything from live goods to fert. to equipment there is power in numbers. Imagine if we all agreed on a particular equipment brand - fleet deals suddenly become possible even for the smallest of us. So anyone interesting in getting together yet?

Michael

4. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

im back so i guess you only need two more now

5. Coop714

Coop714 LawnSite Member

Mary Esther,Fl.

Just doing it part time. Have around 15 properties, along with some properties I do for a Real Estate Company

6. ROVER_EATER

ROVER_EATER LawnSite Member

Plant City, Fl. checkin in.
    What's up yall? :waving:

7. 5guys Lawn Care

5guys Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Orlando!

I'm on the south side by the airport

BearWise Landscapers helped me with my insurance a couple of weeks ago. You should all give them a call. Great rates and great service!

I hope to meet all of you soon
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. CkLandscapingOrlando

CkLandscapingOrlando LawnSite Senior Member

Mike what your talking about is a co-op. For anyone who doubts the reality of such a group it really is common. Look at the Nursery trades. Roots plus growers, fnat, citrus co-op, cattlemens assotiation. All these groups come together as one group throught the state. They but as a group and get discounts that only the big comps could normaly get. It would be nice to buy a single bag of fert for the price that tru green pays. Same with insurance. If you had 1000 members to a trade group you have a bit more weight. You have more say in legislation. if governed correct were as to only allow top notch members could really be a selling point

9. BearWise Landscapers

BearWise Landscapers LawnSite Senior Member

Central FLorida is still leading in the votes with 22. South Florida has 8 and North Florida only has 4 votes.

Where are all the LawnSite members from North Florida and South Florida?

I expected South Florida to have the most members on this website.

10. BCL Services

BCL Services LawnSite Member

Hey guys our company is based in Brevard county, but travel to Orange, Seminole, and Osceola on a regular basis. Just checking in. :)