Florida

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by BearWise Landscapers, Mar 26, 2010.

?

Where are you located in Florida?

1. North Florida

22.2%
  2. Central Florida

55.6%
  3. South Florida

22.2%
  1. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Now that's what I call a lightning show. Our power was off about 4 hours. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

2. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Peace river or FPL?

3. BearWise Landscapers

BearWise Landscapers LawnSite Senior Member

Update on the votes:

North Florida - 7
    Central Florida - 31
    South Florida - 9

Central Florida is still running away with the number of LawnSite users. I imagine there would be more users on here from Ft. Lauderdale and Miami area. If you know of any, tell them to give a shout out for South Florida in this discussion.

The Florida LawnSite Group now has over 50 members and is the largest group. Central Florida is the second largest and has over 30 members. Tell other Florida people about those groups and let's see how big we can get them.

The Magic are looking good. I'm excited to see how far they can go this year in the playoffs...

4. zturncutter

Peace River :cry:

5. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Anyone else tired of seeing the Carolina False Dandi weeds out in the lawns yet...I hate those sun of Bucks.......they are just crazy this year...not sure why the spray companies are having such a hard time controlling them as it is very common broadleaf.

Also for all you that do not know ......seen my first adult cinch bug last week in a lawn along with the babies....wings not fully developed (white) on the back yet but still several adults and babies in this lawn. Warn you customers that do their own pest control to start now so you still have a lawn to mow next month! LOL

6. zturncutter

I think all the weed types are worse this year because the warm season grasses took such a beating during the winter and are thinner than normal. That allowed the weeds to get a better start.

7. Landscape Poet

That is true, but what made it worse I think is a majority of people did not re-set there irrigation, so while the grasses went dormant, they just keep watering the hell out of the weeds. I was on a property today that was flawless last year, buried in dollar weed, nutsedge and carolina dandi this year, and I mean buried, damn shame.

8. CkLandscapingOrlando

CkLandscapingOrlando LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen alot of that this year. Had a lady tell me her spray guy said I was spreading dollar weed with my mower.

9. zturncutter

LOL:laugh: That would be quite a trick. Reminds me of some of the notes Tru Green leaves for my customers.

10. Landscape Poet

I went to reply before I read zturncutters last comment but I was just about to say sounds like a "True Brown" comment.

CK - I am down in your hood now on Thursdays and Fridays...not sure as I am now booked solid but we need to find time to catch a lunch together.