1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

FLORIDIA LAND MAINTENANCE COMPANYS?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by curlawngreen, Jan 26, 2000.

1. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

HOW MANY WEEKS DO YOU MOW? 35? 38? 40?

2. VWBug61083

VWBug61083 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I'm not in Florida (I'm in Texas)and we mow about 45 weeks a year. Weekly for 9 months and bi-weekly for 3 months.

3. mowerparts

mowerparts LawnSite Member

We cut between 36-48 a year, it really depends on the contract.<p>----------<br>http://mowerparts.hypermart.net<br>

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I mow for 8 1/2 months out of the year. In Upstate South Carolina. The rest of the time of the year is spent on leaves and yard clean up after ice/snow storms.

5. snake1040

snake1040 LawnSite Member
    from fl

I am a relitivly small operation mowing and i mow 52 weeks a year here in fl

6. ashlandscaping

ashlandscaping Banned

My uncle is in upper FL he tells me they cut 10 months a year and then do clean-ups and bi weekly if needed other 2 months or in his case leave and enjoy his free time.

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

If I were to guess, we would have to mow probably 42-45 times a year on the average lawn. Some require more, some less. But that doesn't mean I'm not there with a mower shredding leaves the other weeks. :)