1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Flourescent Grass?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by packerbacker, Apr 9, 2005.

1. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I walked outside this morning to get my paper and noticed I have spots on my yard that are almost flourescent. Its a much lighter green then rest of it. My yard is 100% fescue. Anyone have a clue what it is?

2. wpines

wpines LawnSite Member

POA ANNUA maybe

3. packerbacker

What is it? Is there a way to deal with it?

4. G&MLC

G&MLC LawnSite Member

5. packerbacker

Yup thats it. And its no coincidence that I seeded last fall with Lesco transistion blend seed.

Thats the last time I use that stuff.

6. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Packer,
    Try this link. It may be of help. What is common is that if you cut someone elses lawn that has abg, the seeds are then transferred to your lawn. It likes damp compact soil and will take over if not kept in check. Good luck.
    Mark
    http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7464.html

7. packerbacker

Thanks I'll check it out.

All my overseedings and renovations done last year and this spring were seeded with Revolution but I thought I would try Lesco for the first time so I threw it on my yard.

I wonder if I got a bad batch like the guy in the other link?

8. Mowmoregrass

Mowmoregrass LawnSite Member

Sounds like poa, or commonly called annual blue grass. A late season pre emergent will help reduce it.