1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

flow calculation

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by turfguy, Mar 15, 2004.

1. turfguy

turfguy LawnSite Member

I remember some time ago a thread that had a link to a companys site with a great system estimator and set up document. It was about 80 pages or so and outlined new systems and configuring heads,flow calculations...ect ect. search has been not very helpful does anyone remember this???
  2. capmaint

capmaint LawnSite Member

Are you refering to Jess Stryker's site? It is an all inclusive tutorial on sprinklers from A to Z. I dont remember the URL right now but I bet you could find it by doing a google search on Jess Stryker.
  3. aquamtic

aquamtic LawnSite Senior Member

4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Jess Stryker's Tutorial is a good first step. But to really get a perfect understanding, I highly recommend Rainbird's "Landscape Irrigation Design Manual" and also RB's "Low-Volume Irrigation Design Manual".

They are both very cheap. $10 for the first one and $5 for the second. But I think you can download either book for free somewhere on the RB website.

The second book goes into a little TOO much detail, if you ask me. But it's definitely worth reading. The first book, however, is one of the best I've ever read. Taught me a great deal more than the Jess Stryker tutorial did.