1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Flow from 1" copper............

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mjstef, Aug 28, 2013.

1. mjstef

mjstef LawnSite Member

Measuring yesterday, the MP 3000 rotator 360* covers right at 50' diameter at 3.29 GPH. The 3500's cover a radius of around 35 feet. They also don't "mist off" in our windy conditions here. I have a mixture of MP300 & 3500 in each zone. High pressure nozzles would just send the water floating on the wind to the neighbors pasture.......

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It's really just another job in a locale where installers might well be advised to have a machine with a rotary "earth saw" attachment to deal with tough conditions.

3. Rcn971

Rcn971 LawnSite Member

18gpm through 1" poly is about 3gpm above the recommended velocity rating of the pipe. Every well installer I have ever dealt with shamelessly undersizes the supply line coming from the pump stating that the minimal amount of pipe that they are using will not make a difference. A bottleneck is a bottleneck where I learned how to design. A system flowing 18gpm should have utilized an 1 1/4" mainline/manifolds with 1 1/4" trunk line after the valve splitting the zone in the middle.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  4. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

How are you getting that distance out of the mp. 3000. Everything I see shows only 20-30' out of them
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

--------------------

6. mjstef

mjstef LawnSite Member

20-30' RADIUS (1 side) is correct but the 360 cover CIRCUMFERENCE (full circle).