1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

flow meter

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Armadillolawncare, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I am currently taking the required irrigation class to get my Texas Irrigators license. My instructor mentioned that a portable flow meter used to be made to use to measure water flow after installing the backflow but prior to running all pipes. He says the flow meter is no longer made and he does not where to get another. Does anyone know if a flow meter is still made to measure GPM prior to starting install? He says that the bucket method from a spigot is not effective.

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I know, but you're not getting any help from me until you ditch the list of crap we could care less about.

3. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Ive got a link ready for you, but I cant find the bottom of the page. Ditch the list of mowers and the link is yours.

4. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

I'm interested to know what that is as well.

Wouldn't a DeDuct Meter do the same thing?

5. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

I agree... It's only a freakin lawn mower

6. Mike Leary

Hint............

DSCN1088.jpg

7. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

One of those and a quick connect to your BFD, now thats accurate measurement. Hope hes got some pesos in his panties for that one.

8. Mike Leary

Nope, it's even more fun than that. Got to hook it up to a flow sensor after the backflow, add a liquid-filled psi meter to the ring-around. After measurements are made, cap the ring-around. No big deal if you're a player. :cool2:

9. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Whatever happened to the "thumb on the spigot" method?

10. Mike Leary

I believe that was covered in a earlier post. :laugh: