Flow Sensor knowledge PDF

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Waay too much of a download when we're crusin'. Will check it out, I like flow sensors, but only trust a few operating systems to support them.

2. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks Pete, I am working on a project where this will come in handy for spec purposes.

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Good information, but, as with a master valve, it should be brass with all the work they get.

4. If the guts or working parts are plastic then I'm not sure brass is a big improvement. On ball valves and nozzles brass is a big improvement for sure. Mark my word that in ten years you will be installing plastic backflow devices other than avbs and it will be acceptable to code.

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Like this PVB? But where are the testcocks?
    http://www.toro.com/en-us/homeowner/do-it-yourself-irrigation/valves/Pages/Series.aspx?sid=Pressure-Vacuum-Breaker
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

god I hate those bf's.

7. S.O.Contracting

S.O.Contracting LawnSite Member

8. Everyone of those I ever ran into was put below grade. I can't imagine too many municipalities would allow those.

That Wilkins 375 looks interesting. What would be cool is after you remove the guts for winterizing then another type of insert can be put in to take your air hose and blow out the system.

9. S.O.Contracting

S.O.Contracting LawnSite Member

Actually that is exactly how they are designed. But the insert is an add on. It replaces the guts with an insert with two 3/4 inch threaded hole for air hook up.