Flower bed maintenance and shrub shaping

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Dexter Church, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Dexter Church

Dexter Church LawnSite Member

Hi

I was wondering what you guys and or girls are charging per man hour when you are maintaining and shaping little plants and shrubs? I am presently charging 20$ per man hour. We have the basic hand tools a stihl hs-80 hedge trimmer and blowers ect. Let me know thanks.

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

40 to 50 per man hour and I figure about 10% of labor to calculate dumping costs. The hourly rate comes down with volume hours purchased and we have a 100 $ minimum.

So if we spend 4 total man hours at 50= 200 for the trimming and $20 for the dumping. This is assuming it is a regular scheduled maintenance account not clean up work.

Another example 10 man hours trimming x 40 per hr 400.00 and 40.00 for dumping.

For us the trimming goes fast, the clean up takes time because almost everything is granite not turf, so all those tiny pieces of leaves are in the granite it cant be quickly or easily cleaned up. We blow blow blow and then you have to rake the tracks out of the rocks.

3. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

I charge $45 per man hour.

4. Dexter Church

Dexter Church LawnSite Member

Is the 40 or 50$ just for pulling weeds/maintaining a garden and shaping minor bushes or is it for trimming big hedges?
    Thanks

5. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

For me its all the same unless I have to rent equipment.

6. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

$1.25 / foot cutting the beds