flower bed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by spcfoor, Jul 12, 2004.

1. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

I recently aquired a commerical account. The flower beds had not been weeded for at least 3 weeks. Is there any way to weed the beds without pulling the weed by hand. There is flowers and little shrubs in these beds.

2. jestermg

jestermg LawnSite Member

Get you a post emerage spray that will not kill ornamentals. My local Farm supply sells it and it kills everything but ornamentals and nut grasses.

14.95$ for a pint .

takes about 2 -3 weeks to totally kill it out.

3. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Do you mind if I ask what the chemical is for 14.95 a pint??? I know controls such as Lontrel and Fusilade are big bucks.

4. jestermg

jestermg LawnSite Member

it is made by hi-yield

it is called Post emergent weed control

I used it around my hostas, impatiens, boxwoods, crapemyrtles, petunias. On the inside cover it tells the applications and the weeds it controls, and what it wont hurt as far as ornamentals.

thats all I can tell u, because I have used all my supply and dont have the bottle.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I would love to know what this stuff is. I've never heard of such a thing...not for flowers, anyway.

6. op4_camper

op4_camper LawnSite Member

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

And again I say,.............I would love to know what this stuff is. I've never heard of such a thing...not for flowers, anyway.;)

8. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

we just hand weed....i have about 4-5 partime women that do all of our weeding on our full service accounts

9. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

I am a small time op. I can't afford to hire anyone else. So I will just have to suck it up and do it by hand until I do the fall color. Btw when do you all start to put fall color in?

10. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

it depends...some seasons are longer than others...i play it by eye....if the annuals are looking shabby ill pull them.