1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Flowerbed Maintenance

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by fireman gus, Apr 16, 2011.

1. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

I normally don't do flowerbeds. In the past I've subbed them out with good results. However the man I had doing this work passed away and now I'm thinking of just doing the beds myself. I would like some input on pricing, scheduling, etc. The reason I ask is that this man scheduled everything and he just gave me a percentage. I was never hands on.

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

are you certified to use chemicals? i recommend the use of them if you can. otherwise i cant help

3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Flowerbeds are gardens... I go there and see what needs to be done and then do it...

Schedule a weekly visit, for weeding, checking moisture, dressing up the mulch, deadheading, remove dead or dieing stalks/plants, etc...

'cides in gardens are generally a waste of time and money...

4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I generally charge per hour plus materials.

I also try to charge a one hour minimum also. If it's part of mowing, then just tack on extra per mow and do it then.

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

FAR from a waste of time and money. mulch is an itegral part of the control though

6. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Niether is mulch, a chemical 'cide, that requires a 'license' to apply... :)