Flowering Plants

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Comet, Jul 15, 2001.

1. Comet

Comet LawnSite Member

Im a little disapointed in some plants I purchaced now as I came home and thought about it.
    Along with a retaining wall, stone work, mulch etc
    Im suppose to add a lot of color for this ladys property with black eyed susans,, semi tall yellow flowered perreniials
    You see them all over right now,,good summer plant with sunshine

His was all pruned i see ,,not one has a yellow flower on it except for the new buds i noticed,, should flower within a week or later

Im a little hasty in planting these and walking off leaving here with no color per say

Would you plant these?
  2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Thom you could try some other plants unless she is stuck on the Rudbeckia. If yellow is all you are concerned about try to Coreopsis 'Moonbeam',yellow cana's, Achilliea, Tequila sunrise iceplant,Santolina,etc....There are lots and lots of yellow blooming perennials on the market. Hope this helps.
  3. Comet

Comet LawnSite Member

thanks avery Ill check out Bissett nursery tomorrow,,It helped,,and yes shes got this liking to yellow

I just came in from outside and was toying with the differnt plants and boulders I have and it just doesnt look too pleasing to me. I need that instant color

Ill plant them on my own property and see how they bloom, use them later on or let them be,,
    actually I should just return the plants,

My fault for trying to have to buy everything from them because they refered me the job

They have the best topsoil though on Long Island I seen :p
  4. Comet

Comet LawnSite Member

I wound up returning them plants thank goodness, the owner appologized for selling them to me like that

I purchaced else where some wonderful colors as avery had described

Ill be planting them tomorrow and starting on the rockwall wen or thur

5. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Let me know how the finished job looks Thom. Coreopsis and Santolina look hot in a rock garden!
  6. Comet

Comet LawnSite Member

Those black eyed susans that I brought back yesterday or day before,,
    I went back there today and they said they shot them up with ______
    and over night they increased in size and flowered.

You have any Idea what this booster shot spray might have been or is this my leg being pulled