1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

flowers around apartment sign

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by cooltype, Jul 14, 2008.

1. cooltype

cooltype LawnSite Member

apartment complex i mow main sign before flowers then after and a pic of it now a couple months later. I guess miracle grow works, they did pretty well. Now it just needs some fresh mulch that stuff faded out quick!

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

nice work!!
  3. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Fire your weed puller. And by the view it doesn't look like the same sign.
  4. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Could be the opposite side. . . ?

It does look nice, though.
  5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

No offense, but it looks like you were hoping the miracle grow would miraculously fill rest of the bed. Not enough flower coverage for that bed size, and I personally cant stand to see annuals planted in mulched beds. But thats just my opinion.
  6. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

nice work. Good job
  7. pj550v12

pj550v12 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow that mulch faded fast. Honestly, the dull mulch is enough to make the whole job look just ok.
  8. BrandonLawns

BrandonLawns LawnSite Member

i would use a dark mulch
  9. cooltype

cooltype LawnSite Member

yeah its been about 4 months actually i just realized. the bed is too big if you ask me, it had shrubs around the columns and sky pencil hollys on each side of the marble center at one time but they started dying and the owner had me rip them all out. i wanted to plant some knockout rosebushes and stuff in there but he just wants annuals now so i stopped asking.

and not the same sign?? lol yeah i lied about planting flowers around a sign dude :hammerhead: you got me!

oh and the guy that works for the complex usually rounds up the weeds he just hasnt had time. im probably going to clean those out today when i mow

i have tried to remulch the whole place but the owner has me doing too many other things so he doesnt want it right now.

i thought you liked my albino mulch??? go put me some fresh in there and roundup those couple weeds too please!
  10. cooltype

cooltype LawnSite Member

here i remulched it lol

Attached Files: